Five Things We're Loving Now // Sustainable Living
- Soma Water Filter: Not only is this filter beautifully designed with BPA plastic and eco-friendly bamboo, but its mission is to end the global water crisis, while reducing global impact! Yes, you heard right! A portion of every filter is donated to charity:water, a campaign that helps bring clean water to under developed countries worldwide. It also uses post consumer waste packaing and recycled materials plus has a fully transparent supply chain which maintains labor practices, animal welfare and anti-discrimination policies. Did we also mention they offset emissions with conversation based forestry. Yeah, we love them. And we think you will too. Shop the pitcher here and get to drinkin' clean water with a conscious!
- DIY / Vertical Garden Wall: With apartments getting smaller and smaller (hey, New Yorkers!), it’s no surprise we are all trying to bring a little green space indoors. Not only does it give your house an airy feeling with a pop of color, but it allows you to grow your own garden = win/win! There are several ways you can do this yourself, one example we love is here, created with tin buckets from Ikea, it's an affordable and easy way for us apartment dwellers to grow and love our own veggies!
- Fressko: Their philosophy is simple, "Be Kind To Mother Earth, To Others & To Yourself." That doesn't seem so hard, right?! Savor your tea, coffee or fruit water with their on the go with their reusable glass container, which is then outlined by a 100% BPA and chemical free plastic shell. Making it healthy for your body and good for the planet.
- Prey // 1 Hotel South Beach: This one's for our Miami peeps! 1 Hotel is known for it's sustainable design and decor, but now they have an amazing sustainable sushi pop-up which offers invasive fish on the menu (taking it out of our rivers and onto our plates for the sake of the environment)! Not to mention, it has a gorgeous menu of veg-only options for those of us who prefer not to eat something that had a Mama. Pop Up is open until June 25th.
- PearlBar Charcoal Toothbrush: Plastic toothbrushes are so last year! They cause major environmental damage, as we know, plastic is forever. With this bamboo toothbrush you are reducing your environmental impact and the charcoal infused bristles will help keep bacteria at bay between brushes. Need we say more?